View the Trailer
Two blind women take centre stage sometimes on aerial silks, sometimes with their feet firmly on the ground but always surrounded by voices, music, stories and ghosts.
Inspired by the Goze, blind female performers who travelled around medieval Japan making a living from telling epic tales, they move between tradition and modernity weaving together personal stories of blind artists from Japan, Nigeria and the USA.
Flight Paths is a multi-media production that combines movement, music, narrative and creative audio description using new sound technology.
- Writer | Glen Neath
- Co-directors | Maria Oshodi and Kumiko Mendl
- Cast | Amelia Cavallo and Sarah Houbolt with Takashi Kikuchi, Victoria Oruwari and Megumi Kubota as ‘The Voice’
- Aerial and movement | Victoria Amedume
- Sound | Thor McIntyre-Burnie and Owen Crouch
- Audio technologist | Tarim
- Designer | Becky Minto
- Projections | Terry Braun
- Lighting | Nao Nagai
- Assistant director | Julie Osman
- Production manager | Stacey Choudhury-Potter
- Stage manager | Beatrice Galloway
- AV programmer | Libby Ward
- Lighting operator |Steve Lowe